How To Avoid Injuries While Doing Spring Yard Cleaning
Doing spring yard cleanup can be a great workout. But if you are not mindful of proper body mechanics you will end up with body strains and pains. For a pain-free spring cleaning, here are some tips you can follow:
- Days prior to your spring-cleaning session, make sure to visit your chiropractor. Your chiropractor can help you take away joint restrictions, also help reduce pain and improve mobility.
- On the day of the yard spring cleaning, start the activity with a warm-up. Walk in place for at least 20 seconds. Then, gently do some stretching by bending forward and holding for 20 seconds. Bring your shoulders up to the ears and back repeatedly. Straighten out your arms from your sides and gently twist your torso in an alternate direction.
- You may want to use a lumbar brace for lower back support while you carry heavy loads like mulch bags.
- Kneel on a foam mat when you are planting or pulling weeds.
- When trimming hedges, refrain from reaching upward for lengthy periods. Then, make sure to work at waist level. Use a ladder when pruning.
- Make use of a wheelbarrow when carrying heavy loads.
- After you are done with your cleanup, make sure to cool down by stretching out your muscles.
If spine or neck pain is robbing you of quality of life, contact us here at Lexington’s Stinson Chiropractic Care.