Expertly treating pain in the Lexington, KY area
Piezowave Shockwave Therapy: revolutionary pain relief for tendonitis and other maladies
Stinson Chiropractic Center in Lexington, KY, now offers cutting-edge Piezowave Shockwave Therapy, a revolutionary pain relief procedure that promotes healing with surgery or drugs. Please read on to learn the benefits of this advanced treatment and find the answers to common questions many patients have.
What is Piezowave Shockwave Therapy?
Piezowave Shockwave Therapy is a non-invasive and drug-free treatment that utilizes high-energy acoustic waves to stimulate the body's natural healing processes. The Piezowave device emits these shockwaves, which penetrate deep into the affected tissues, increasing blood flow and promoting cellular repair. The treatment is both safe and highly effective for a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions.
The Versatility of Piezowave Shockwave Therapy:
The Piezowave device is particularly useful in the treatment of various conditions, including but not limited to:
- Arthritis: Helping to alleviate joint pain and improve joint function.
- Tennis Elbow/Golfer's Elbow: Reducing inflammation and promoting healing in the tendons of the elbow.
- Knee Pain: Providing relief for knee pain caused by various conditions, including overuse injuries and arthritis.
- Shoulder Pain/Rotator Cuff Injury: Targeting shoulder pain and promoting healing of rotator cuff injuries.
- Tendonitis: Accelerating the healing process for inflamed tendons.
- Wrist Pain: Aiding in the recovery from wrist injuries and reducing pain.
- Sprains and Strains: Assisting in the healing of ligament and muscle injuries.
- Plantar Fasciitis: Relieving pain and promoting healing in the plantar fascia of the foot.
- Ankle Pain: Targeting ankle pain and facilitating recovery from injuries.
- Turf Toe/Sand Toe: Helping athletes recover from toe injuries common in sports like football and track.
- Track and Field Injuries: Assisting in the rehabilitation of various injuries encountered in track and field events.
- Disc Herniations: Aiding in the healing of herniated discs and reducing associated pain.
- Headaches: In certain cases, shockwave therapy can alleviate headaches caused by musculoskeletal issues.
- Neck Pain: Easing neck pain due to muscle tension and other conditions.
- Hip Pain: Promoting healing and relieving pain in the hip area.
Is Shockwave Therapy Safe?
Yes, shockwave therapy is considered safe when performed by qualified professionals. The treatment is non-invasive, meaning there is no need for incisions or anesthesia, reducing the risk of complications. Adverse effects are minimal, with some patients experiencing mild soreness or redness in the treated area, which usually subsides quickly.
How Many Sessions Does It Take to See Results from Shockwave Therapy?
The number of sessions required depends on the specific condition being treated and the individual's response to the therapy. While some patients experience relief after just one session, others may require multiple treatments scheduled over several weeks. During your initial consultation, our chiropractor will evaluate your condition and recommend a personalized treatment plan to optimize results.
What Happens During a Piezowave/Shockwave Treatment Session?
During a Piezowave/Shockwave treatment session, you will be comfortably positioned, and a conductive gel will be applied to the area being treated. The Piezowave device will then be applied to the skin, and controlled shockwaves will be delivered to the targeted tissues. The procedure is generally well-tolerated and takes only a short time to complete.
Piezowave Shockwave Therapy is a safe and effective treatment for a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions, offering a non-invasive alternative to surgery or medication. If you are experiencing pain or have a musculoskeletal issue, consider scheduling a consultation at our chiropractic office in Lexington, KY, to explore the potential benefits of Piezowave Shockwave Therapy. Let us help you regain your mobility and improve your quality of life.